UNESCO TOUR AUTHENTIC BULGARIA
Tour code: UNI430915/BG/G
8 days/7 nights tour
Sofia – Veliko Tarnovo – Kazanlak – Plovdiv – Leshten – Melnik – Sandanski – Rila Monastery – Sofia
Tour with guaranteed departures in 2018:
- 09 – 16 June
- 07 – 14 July
- 18 – 25 August
- 15 – 22 September
- 06 – 13 October
- Fully escorted tour with a professional tour guide
- Accommodation in First class and typical hotels with all service charges, taxes and porterage included
- Traditional meals in authentic restaurants
- Train journey through Rodopes mountain.
- Unique experience – overnight in a XIX century old houses in Leshten village, fully equipped to meet the needs of modern accommodation.
Most important objects and attractions:
- Bulgaria’s capital city Sofia – one of the oldest cities in Europe
- UNESCO listed Boyana church – its magnificent mural paintings had initiated the beginning of the European Renaissance
- The historic hill of Tsarevets with the royal castle in the old Bulgarian capital Veliko Tarnovo
- UNESCO listed Thracian Tombs
- Old town of Plovdiv – 19th century houses and Roman ruins, including a Roman amphitheater in use today.
- Train journey through Rhodopes mountain
- UNESCO listed Rila monastery – the biggest Bulgarian spiritual centre
Day 1 Sofia (D)
Arrival to Sofia. Accommodation at the selected hotel. Overnight.
Day 2 Sofia & surroundings – UNESCO listed Boiana Church (B)
After breakfast – panoramic tour around the Bulgarian capital – an 8500 old city called “My Rome” by the emperor Constantine The Great. Visit the most fascinating places of interest: the forum of Ancient Serdica (the old name of the city) with the newest archeological discoveries from Roman time, which are exhibited next to the Bulgarian presidency.
In the afternoon – free time to explore Sofia by your own. Walk along through the pedestrian Vitosha Art Boulevard. This is the place in Sofia, where you can feel the spirit and live of the city. There are a lot of boutiques, shops, cozy cafes and restaurants.
Optional: Dinner in a typical Bulgarian folk style restaurant: excellent cuisine, great selection of wines and folklore show.
Day 3 Sofia – Arbanassi – Veliko Tarnovo (B/B, L)
After breakfast – departure to Arbanassi village. The place is famous for its ancient, richly decorated churches and magnificent architecture. It used to be a residence of the Bulgarian kings. Lunch at a local rural house, where hosts will cook delicious, homemade meals for you.
In the afternoon – departure to the old capital of Bulgaria – Veliko Tarnovo. Visit to the historical hill Tsarevets with the Fortress, the Patriarchal church and the Emperor Baldwin’s Tower. Walk along the old Trade Street – “Samovodska charshia”, where you will have opportunity to buy handmade souvenirs.
Accommodation and overnight at the selected hotel.
Day 4 Veliko Tarnovo – Kazanlak – Rose Valley – Plovdiv (B/B, D)
After breakfast – departure to Etara – a unique open-air museum, reproducing the way of life and occupation of the local people in 19th century. It is a great attraction for tourists, one of the most visited places in the country.
Set off to Kazanlak – the capital of the Rose valley and Thracian Kings.
Departure to Skobelevo village where we will visit the Ethnographical Complex “Damascene”, which works also as a family-run rose oil distillery from more than 20 years. The hosts will show how the famous Bulgarian rose oil (used in the perfumery) is produced.
In the late afternoon we will reach Plovdiv, the “City of the seven hills’’.
Accommodation and overnight at the selected hotel in Plovdiv.
Day 5 Plovdiv – Kostandovo – Rhodopes mountain train trip – Leshten village (B/B, D)
Tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv impressive with the houses-museums and roman remains. Paleontological museum in Dorkovo village and Kostandovo carpet factory followed by train trip in the mountain.
Overnight in XIX century old houses in Leshten village.
Note: according to the actual time table of the train at the moment of travelling, the program of this day could have some changes.
Day 6 Leshten village – Harsovo wine tasting – Melnik – Sandanski (B/B, L)
Travelling through the picturesque southern parts of Pirin Mountain. Wine tasting in a family-run winery in Harsovo village.
Then we descend to Melnik – the town of the sand pyramids and the smallest one in Bulgariaand Sandanski SPA resort.
Accommodation and overnight in Sandanski.
Free time to enjoy the SPA facilities of the hotel or long along the city’s park and Pedestrian Street. Overnight.
Day 7 Sandanski – Rila Monastery – Sofia (B/B, L)
Rila Monastery (X c.), the biggest Bulgarian spiritual center since the Middle Ages (UNESCO listed).
Return back to Sofia for overnight.
Day 8 Flight back home (B)
After breakfast – free time. Transfer to the airport and flight back home.
Guaranteed departures for min 2 passengers arriving together in 2018
|Start date||End date||Double / Twin share||Single supplement|
|Standard tour||Economy tour||Standard tour||Economy tour|
|09 June 2018||16 June 2018||1180,00 €||865,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|7 July 2018||14 July 2018||1180,00 €||865,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|18 Aug 2018||25 Aug 2018||1180,00 €||865,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|15 Sept 2018||22 Sept 2018||1075,00 €||785,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|06 Oct 2018||13 Oct 2018||1075,00 €||785,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
Privately escorted tour prices valid for any date in 2018
|PAX||Double / Twin share||Single supplement|
|Standard tour||Economy tour||Standard tour||Economy tour|
|1||000,00 €||000,00 €||1865,00 €||1399,00 €|
|2||1215,00 €||985,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|3||1085,00 €||880,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|4||929,00 €||749,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|5||895,00 €||635,00 €||210,00 €||95,00 €|
|6-7||785,00 €||560,00 €||110,00 €||95,00 €|
|8||745,00 €||545,00 €||110,00 €||95,00 €|
Group tour prices valid for any date in 2018: on request
Tour prices include:
- Accommodation for 7 nights at 4* hotels and rural houses in the village of Leshten
- 13 meals – 7 breakfasts, 3 dinners and 3 lunches
- A/C vehicle with driver during the whole trip (for groups up to 6 passengers a driver cum guide is arranged)
- Parking fees and road taxes
- All entrance fees for the museums, sites and churches
- Train journey in Rhodopes mountain
- Wine tasting in Melnik
- Professional English speaking guide for touring days and English speaking assistant for airport transfers
- Detailed map of Bulgaria
- Porterage in the hotels
Tour prices don’t include:
- Other meals than mentioned.
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria
- Dinner with folklore show in Sofia – 35 EUR per person