Festival of Roses
6 days / 5 nights tour
Sofia – Rila Monastery – Plovdiv – Kazanlak – Gabrovo – Veliko Tarnovo – Arbanassi – Sofia
Departure dates for 2018:
31 May – 05 June
- Escorted tour with fixed departure dates
- Dedicated to the annual Rose festival in Kazanlak which attracts thousands of people from all over the world
- Accommodation in first class hotels
Most important objects and attractions:
- Join the local people for the rose-picking in the rose fields
- Take part in the colorful carnival procession in Kazanlak
- BBQ lunch at open air with folklore show
- Bulgaria’s capital city Sofia – one of the oldest cities in Europe
- Replica of UNESCO-listed Thracian Tomb in Kazanlak
- Old town of Plovdiv – 19th century houses and Roman ruins, including a Roman Theater in use today
- UNESCO-listed Rila monastery – the biggest Bulgarian spiritual centre
Day 1 31.05 – Sofia
Arrival to Sofia airport. Transfer and accommodation at 4* hotel (Best Western Premier Thracia or similar). Welcome dinner and overnight.
Day 2 01.06 – Sofia – Rila Monastery – Plovdiv
After breakfast – panoramic tour around the Bulgarian capital and visit the most interesting historical sights: the Alexander Nevski Cathedral, the St. Sofia Church, which had given the name of the city and the historical and cultural center of the capital.
Set off to Rila monastery (X c.)- the biggest Bulgarian spiritual center since the Middle Ages till nowadays, included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. It is located in a picturesque mountain area. The Monastery has rich collection of icons and wall-paintings. Its museum keeps a real treasure: a wooden cross of just 81 cm height, carved with 104 religious scenes and 650 figures.
Departure to Plovdiv – the “City of the seven hills”. Plovdiv is the oldest city in Europe still existing today. It was called Philippopolis in the IV century B.C. in honor of King Philip II of Macedonia. Today Plovdiv is a cultural center of Bulgaria and selected as European Capital of Culture for 2019.
Accommodation dinner and overnight at 4* hotel (Leipzig or similar).
Day 3 02.06 – Plovdiv
After breakfast – walking tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv impressive with the houses-museums of the Revival period like the Ethnographical museum; the Ancient Theater, the Fortress walls, the oldest church in the city – “St. St. Constantine and Helena”, etc. We will see the Muslim temple Dzhoumaya Mosque and the Roman Stadium on the main street of Plovdiv.
In the afternoon free time at leisure. Overnight at the hotel.
Day 4 03.06 – Plovdiv – ROSE FESTIVAL – Veliko Tarnovo
Early in the morning we will take breakfast boxes from the hotel and depart to Kazanlak – the capital of the rose valley. We will join the local people in the rose-picking in the rose plantations near Kazanlak. Visit of authentic operating rose-distillery and introduction to the technology of production of rose oil (a highly esteemed component in the perfume and cosmetics industry), tasting of rose products. Visit of the traditional for this festival town carnival – a big attraction for the tourists. Lunch at open-air barbecue with folklore program.
In the afternoon – visit of the replica of the Thracian Kazanlak Tomb, dating back to the 4th C. BC (listed in the world natural and historical heritage of UNESCO).
Next is Etara – a unique open air museum, reproducing the way of life of the Bulgarians in the 19th c. It is a great attraction for tourists, one of the most visited places in the country.
Departure to Veliko Tarnovo. Accommodation and overnight at Grand Hotel Yantra 4* hotel (or similar).
Overnight in the hotel.
Day 5 04.06 – Veliko Tarnovo – Sofia
After breakfast – city tour of the old capital of Bulgaria – Veliko Tarnovo. Visit the Wax museum, the historical hill Tsarevets with the Fortress, the Patriarchal church and the Emperor Baldwin’s Tower. You will walk along the old Trade Street – “Samovodska charshia”.
Next is visit of Arbanassi village, famous for its ancient rich decorated churches and magnificent architecture. It used to be a residence of the Bulgarian kings.
Departure to Sofia. Accommodation, dinner and overnight at 4* hotel (Best Western Premier Thracia or similar).
Day 6 05.06 – Sofia
After breakfast – free time. Transfer to the airport and flight back home.
Guaranteed departures for min 2 passengers arriving together
Guaranteed departure for 2018
|Start date||End date||Double / Twin share||Single supplement|
|31 May 2018||05 June 2018||845,00 €||115,00 €|
Special B2B and group prices are avaialble upon request.
Tour prices include:
- Accommodation for 5 nights in 4* hotels on BB base.
- Meals – breakfast daily, 3 dinners and 1 lunch picnic in Kazanluk with folklore program
- A/C vehicle with driver during the whole trip.
- Entertainment program in Kazanlak
- Parking fees and road taxes.
- All entrance tickets for the tour objects visited
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Detailed map of Bulgaria
- Porterage in the hotels.
Tour prices don’t include:
- Other meals than mentioned.
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria
- Seat places for the carnival procession at Kazanlak central square – upon availability at the moment of booking (15 EUR per person)