REF # UNI010117/BG
6 days/5 nights tour
Sofia – Rila monastery – Plovdiv – Hissar – Karlovo – Koprivshtitsa – Starosel – Sofia
- Escorted tour, dedicated to the lavender – Bulgaria ranks No1 in the world for lavender plant growing and producing lavender-oil
- Feel the genuine lavender aroma in its natural environment
- Experience the newest Festival of Lavender with bazaar, music, dances, cuisine
- Smooth compilation of history, culture, wine-tasting and SPA
Bulgaria ranks No. 1 in the world today in growing lavender and producing lavender-based cosmetics.
If we consider the oil-bearing rose – an invariable component of every quality perfume in the world, one of the symbols of Bulgaria, then the lavender has made the “land of the Thracian kings” a world leader in harvesting and processing of this aromatic natural product.
You will have the opportunity to join the third Lavender festival in Bulgaria, which is becoming more and more popular year after year. It is happening during harvesting, when the flowers are not so colorful, but in the meantime – with the highest concentration of aroma oils. Join the celebrations with music, dances and food on the street in a scenic village in the Thracian Valley, where a bazaar with the participation of producers and traders is organized.
Day 1 – Sofia (D)
Arrival in Sofia. Transfer to hotel and time for check in and relaxation. Welcome dinner. Overnight.
Day 2 – Sofia – Rila Monastery – Sofia (B)
After breakfast it’s time for some sightseeing. First we are going to Rila monastery – part of UNESCO heritage list. There we can see the main church, the museum, Hrelio’s tower. After lunch we are heading back to Sofia for a city tour with its most fascinating places to be visited – Alexander Nevski cathedral, basilica St. Sofia, Former Royal Palace, National Theatre Ivan Vazov, St. George Rotunda.
Overnight in Sofia.
Day 3 – Sofia – Plovdiv (B)
After breakfast it’s time to head east to Plovdiv – the city of seven hills, fortified by the father of Alexander the Great, King Philip II. After settling in in the hotel we are going to have a city tour of this beautiful city where we will see many of the ancient remains – Antique theatre, Roman Stadium, walking through the cobbled road of the Old Plovdiv and enjoying the view from some of the hills. The afternoon is dedicated to relaxation and time of leisure.
Overnight in Plovdiv.
Day 4 – Plovdiv – Karlovo – Koprivshtitsa (B)
After an early breakfast we are going for celebration – Lavender Festival in Karlovo: introduction to the technology for growing the plant and producing the lavender oil. Be witness of the festival program with tastings, folklore program and traditional Bulgarian horo in the town square and not lastly – visit to the lavender fields. Feel the local atmosphere of the feast – music, dances, cuisine. After all of the celebrations we are heading to Koprivshtitsa – small picturesque museum – town for and overnight.
Day 5 – Koprivshtitsa – Starosel – Sofia (B, D)
Today we are going to have a walking tour in Koprivshtitsa – this town-museum, nestled in the mountains in the central part of Bulgaria has typical Bulgarian spirit of XIX c. After that we are heading to Starosel where we will have a tour around the cellar and wine tasting. Arrival in Sofia late in the afternoon. Farewell dinner.
Overnight in Sofia.
Day 6 – Sofia (B)
After breakfast it’s time to say Goodbye. Transfer from the hotel to the airport.
Tour prices include:
- Accommodation for 5 nights with breakfast in 3* hotels
- 5 breakfasts
- 2 dinners with soft drinks included
- Tickets for Lavender Festival in Karlovo with program
- A/C vehicle with driver during the whole trip
- Parking fees, road and border taxes
- All entrance fees for the tourist attractions included in the program
- Professional English speaking guide throughout (the guide is also driver for under 6 participants)
- Private transfer from Sofia airport to Hotel on 20 June
- Private transfer from Hotel in Sofia to airport on 25 June
Tour prices don’t include:
- Other meals than mentioned
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria