Karlovo Rose Festival
Sofia – Belogradchik – Vratsa –Troyan– Karlovo– Tarnichene – Plovdiv – Sofia
- Escorted tour
- Dedicated to the annual Rose festival in Karlovo which attracts many people from all over the world.
- Accommodation in first class hotels
Most important sights and attractions:
- Join the local people for the rose-picking in the rose fields
- Take part in the colorful carnival procession in Karlovo
- BBQ lunch at open air with folklore show
- Bulgaria’s capital city Sofia – one of the oldest cities in Europe
- National festivities celebrating Bulgarian alphabet
- Famous Belogradchik Rocks
- Old town of Plovdiv – 19th century houses and Roman ruins, including a Roman Theater in use today
- Unique Magura cave with one of the earliest solar calendars painted on one of the walls
Day 1 – 23.05Sofia (D)
Arrival to Sofia airport. Transfer and accommodation at the hotel. Welcome dinner and overnight.
Day 2 – 24.05Sofia – Day of Celebration and sightseeing (B)
On this day we can enjoy a special day for Bulgaria – it is a holiday celebrating National Day of Culture and Slavic Alphabet. We can take part in the manifestation walk from national Palace of Culture to the monument of St. St. Cyril and Methodius where members of academia world, officials and numerous guests pay tribute. After that we embark on a walking tour around the Bulgarian capital and visit the most interesting historical sights: Alexander Nevski Cathedral, St. Sofia Church, which had given the name of the city and the historical and cultural center of the capital. In the afternoon – visit to the famous Boyana church (UNESCO Heritage list) impressive with its history upon its walls and the continuity of the religion there. Also on our agenda for the day is visit to the National History Museum, full with Ancient treasures showing big part of Bulgarian history.
Overnight in Sofia.
Day 3 – 25.05Sofia – Belogradchik (B, D)
After breakfast we set off up North to explore little known Bulgaria with its magnificent nature. First stop would be Belogradchik – and ancient region where the Belogradchik Fortress rules upon a high ground. We are going to visit its 3 outer fortified rings and up into the “castle made into the rocks”. The entire area is covered with stone figures that will make your imagination work in different ways. Every rock figure ensemble has its name given by the local and it is connected to different legends.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Belogradchik.
Day 4 – 26.05Belogradchik – Vratsa – Troyan (B)
After breakfast we can visit Magura cave – one of the oldest caves in the Peninsula where we can see the ancient frescoes on the walls depicting life of the prehistoric people and also an Ancient Solar Calendar – one of the first. After that we continue towards Vratsa. We are going to visit the museum where many ancient Thracian treasures are displayed – the famous Rogozen treasure included. In the late afternoon we will arrive in Troyan.
Overnight in Troyan.
Day 5 – 27.05Troyan – ROSE FESTIVAL – Tarnichene – Plovdiv (B, L)
Early in the morning we will take breakfast boxes from the hotel and depart to where we will enjoy the Rose Festival. We will join the local people in the rose-picking in the rose plantations near Karlovo. We will witness the procession with Queen Rose to the main square where there will be folklore show with dancers. We can join local people and guests and learn how to dance horo. Visit of the traditional for this festival town carnival – a big attraction for the tourists. Lunch at open-air barbecue with folklore program. After that we can complete our rose journey to Tarnichene distillery where we can see the way of making rose petals into a product. In this authentic operating rose-distillery we can become witness to the technology of production of rose oil (a highly esteemed component in the perfume and cosmetics industry), tasting of rose products. In the afternoon – departure to Plovdiv – the “City of the seven hills’’.
Accommodation and overnight in Plovdiv.
Day 6 – 28.05Plovdiv – Bachkovo monastery – Sofia (B, D)
After breakfast it’s time to be more acquainted with Plovdiv – the oldest city in Europe still existing today. It was called Philippopolis in the IV century B.C. in honor of King Philip II of Macedonia. Today Plovdiv is a cultural center of Bulgaria and selected as European Capital of Culture for 2019. Walking tour of the Old Town of Plovdiv impressive with the houses-museums of the Revival period like the Ethnographical museum; the Ancient Theater, the Fortress walls, the oldest church in the city – “St. St. Constantine and Helena”, etc. We will see the Muslim temple Dzhoumaya Mosque and the Roman Stadium on the main street of Plovdiv. Later on our way to Sofia we will stop to visit Bachkovo monastery – nestled in the beautiful Rhodope mountain this spiritual place will be a relaxed way to finish our journey.
Departure to Sofia. Accommodation, dinner and overnight in Sofia.
Day 7 – 29.05Sofia (B)
After breakfast – free time. Transfer to the airport and flight back home.
|PAX||Price per PAX|
|From 2 participants||EUR 935,00 / pax|
|From 4 participants||EUR 695,00 / pax|
|From 6 participant||EUR 589,00 / pax|
|From 10 participants||EUR 490,00 / pax|
|SGL-room supplement||EUR 100,00 / pax|
Hotels in the program (or similar):
- Sofia – Premier Thracia Hotel 4*
- Belogradchik – Hotel Skalite (The Rocks) 4*
- Troyan – Troyan Plaza hotel 4*
Tour prices include:
- Accommodation for 6 nights in 4* hotels on BB base.
- 10 meals – 6 breakfasts, 3 dinners and 1 lunch picnic in Karlovo with folklore program
- Throughout transportation by a comfortable car, van or mini bus. For groups up to 6 passengers, the guide is also a driver
- Entertainment program in Karlovo
- Tickets for the Rose Festival in Karlovo
- Parking fees and road taxes.
- All entrance tickets for the tour objects visited
Professional English speaking guide.
- Detailed map of Bulgaria
- Porterage in the hotels.
Tour prices don’t include:
- Other meals than mentioned.
- Flight tickets to Bulgaria