Unique Bike Tour at the Seaside
Varna – Daurankulak – Kaliakra – Kavarna – Tuzlata – Balchik – Dobrich – Pliska – Madara – Shumen – Veliki Preslav – Provadia – Asparuhovo (Tsonevo) – Devnia – Pobiti Kamani – Varna
- Explore Varna and its vicinities – the region, where in 681 Byzantines, Bulgarians and Slavs had established the First Bulgarian state
- Visit the first capitals of the country: the Pagan Pliska and the Christian Veliki Preslav
- Enjoy the unique nature – mirror-like lakes, caves, rock bridges, exotic beaches, turquoise sea
- Follow the tracks of Via Pontica – the road of the migratory birds
- Bike in this magnificent part of the sunny Bulgaria
Day 1Arrival in Varna
Arrival in Varna – the sea capital of Bulgaria. Transfer from the airport, accommodation, dinner and overnight in 3* hotel.
Day 2Varna – Durankulak – Shabla – Tulenovo Village – Kamen Briag
Breakfast and departure with microbus, supplied with platform for the bikes, from Varna to Durankulak – a village, situated at the border of Bulgaria with Romania.
Here starts the tour with the bikes: Durankulak – Shabla, where are situated two of the most beautiful lakes in the North-Eastern Bulgaria and the Sanctuary of the Goddess Kibea – the great mother of the Gods – Shabla village and the so named sea lighthouse, the oldest at the Black Sea coast – Tulenovo Village, for which nature they said is not touched by the Civilization, so beautiful and virgin it is – Kamen Briag Village, where the accommodation is going to be, dinner and overnight in guest house.
Kamen Briag is one of the most famous places in Bulgaria, where for years at every 01 July people are coming to welcome the sunrise with the famous hit of Uriah Heep “July Morning”, performed by the front man of the group John Lawton – great friend of Bulgaria.
Approximate biking distance: 46 km.
Day 3Kamen Briag – Yailata – Balchik
Breakfast. Velotour from Kamen Briag through Jailata, a place which had held its wild charm, a paradise for the sea birds, with caves, hiding finds from the ancient times – Bolata (one of the most beautiful beaches in this part of the Black Sea – the Tuzlata place, where a healing mud for the SPA is produced – Balchik, which is called White Town due to the magnificent white rock, which surround it.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in 3* hotel in Balchik.
Approximate biking distance: 51 km.
Day 4Balchik – Kaliakra – Dobrich
Breakfast. Visit of the Palace of the Romanian Queen Mary and the botanical Garden in Balchik, one of the biggest in the world. Velotour from Balchik to one of the most visited by tourists cape of the Black Sea – Kaliakra, with its medieval fortress.
The tour proceeds through picturesque Dobrudja villages till the town of Dobritch, administrative center of the so-named district. This region is called Dobroudja and is known as the Granary of Bulgaria. Visit of the architectural-ethnographical complex of the Old Dobritch.
There are represented at open air one of the most popular crafts, practiced by the Bulgarians in ХVІІІ – ХІХ century.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in hotel 3* in Dobritch.
Approximate biking distance: 48 km.
Day 5Dobrich – Pliska – Madara – Shumen – Veliki Preslav
Breakfast. Transfer by microbus from Dobritch to the archaeologic complex of Pliska – the old pagan capital of Pliska, where in 865 the Bulgarians are adopting the Christianity.
Velotour from Pliska to the archaeological complex of Madara Horseman, an object of UNESCO, one of the symbols of Bulgaria –the town of Shumen with the so named fortress, from where starts the Polish King of Vladislav Jagelo for the battle with the Osman army in the dramatic year of 1444.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in hotel 3* in extremely beautiful mountain place, close to Veliki Preslav.
Approximate biking distance: 50 km.
Day 6Veliki Preslav – Provadia – Tsonevo
Breakfast. Visit to the second, the Cristian capital Veliki Preslav, where in X century the history notes the Golden Age of the Bulgarian culture.
Visit of the museum and the Cathedral, built by the time of King Simeon I – king of Bulgarians and Greeks, during which time the borders of Bulgaria are touching the territory of three seas.
Transfer by microbus to the town of Provadia and Ovech fortress, from where starts the second part of the velotour till Tsonevo dam – magnificent place for rest and fishing.
Accommodation, dinner and overnight in guest house.
Approximate biking distance: 43 km.
Day 7Tsonevo Dam – Chudnite Skali – Pobitite Kamuni near Varna
Breakfast. Morning biking around the dam to the pleasant place of Chudnite Skali (the Wonderful Rocks). The velotour proceeds from Tsonevo Dam till the Pobitite Kamuni near Varna – a natural phenomenon from million years ago, famous also by the name of Stone Forest.
This place, together with the Madara Horseman, are famous as one of the most strong power zones in our country with positive effects for the human body. Departuring for Varna.
Accommodation in hotel 3*. For a final of the tour – folklore evening, with typical meals and drinks, with rich program demonstrating the famous in Bulgaria nestinary dance – over glowing embers.
Approximate biking distance: 63 km.
Day 8Flight back home
Breakfast. Transfer to the airport and flight for Poland.
The itinerary is suitable for middle and middle to low level of difficulty. The terrain is mixed – asphalt and some parts – light off-road.
Prices: on request
The prices include:
- 7 overnights with breakfast and dinners in 3* hotels or in family houses, as the last dinner will be in national restaurant with folklore dinner
- Transport with A/C microbus for group of 8-14 pax
- Rent of bikes and their transportation with specialized platform. The bikes are SPRINT APOLON, with front shock-absorbers and back suspension (a “hardtail”), with 24 speeds and comfortable cushions
- Leader-instructor for the velotours, with English language
- Medicine chest, helmets for the bikers and the necessary technical service during the tours
The prices not include:
- Supplement for single accommodation
- Entrance fees for the tourist objects, included in the program
- Guiding services
- It is obligatory the tourists to have mountain insurance
- It is necessary the tourists to have biking abilities, as well as to know how to work correctly with the gears and the breaks. Best to be experienced in biking with approximate speed of 15 km/hour on the roads and 12 km/hour off-roads
- It is recommendable the tourists to have with them small rucksack for the essential commodities (about -12 l)
- The wear of helmets is obligatory during biking. The tourists could take their own with them, or to use such on spot